Computer Question :: Help Please!

joxley1990 said:
Might be yeah, you got any spare ones? Which socket you got...?

No I dont have any spare ones. But if you're pretty sure thats what it is, I'll go buy one right now...

AGP? Its a brown slot that the video card goes into. All three video cards I've boughten were AGP of some sort. One came with the computer, its a eVGA Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 200 32 MB AGP. Another is a PowerColor ATI Radeon 9550 with 256 mb 128 bit AGP. The last one is a PNY Verto GeForce 6200 128 MB with AGP. They have all worked for me in the past, just one worked better then the rest for FPS in a game I was playing.

Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my monitor because the harddrive doesnt make the normal sound it used to when I started it up, and I'm pretty sure its not the harddrive because I just bought a new one and still no luck.

Can someone tell me what GPU is? Then I'll figure out what I have.

artificial said:
Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my monitor because the harddrive doesnt make the normal sound it used to when I started it up, and I'm pretty sure its not the harddrive because I just bought a new one and still no luck.

Can someone tell me what GPU is? Then I'll figure out what I have.

Well a failed harddrive is not going to cause a blank screen. It will give you a disk error and the computer will beep at you.

A GPU is your graphics card. If you say you've tried swapping it out with other ones to no avail then there's really not much left to look into. Maybe it could be a faulty connection between the GPU and motherboard. Your mobo should have integrated graphics as well. Try plugging your monitor into the motherboard port.

Distortion88 said:
Well a failed harddrive is not going to cause a blank screen. It will give you a disk error and the computer will beep at you.

A GPU is your graphics card. If you say you've tried swapping it out with other ones to no avail then there's really not much left to look into. Maybe it could be a faulty connection between the GPU and motherboard. Your mobo should have integrated graphics as well. Try plugging your monitor into the motherboard port.

MMM K... I just looked into the plug for the monitor that goes INTO the videocard slot... theres a pin missing... how many pins should be in a monitor plug? are there supposed to be any missing ones? *sigh* if thats what it is...

and its not making the normal harddrive sound of callobrating... or whatever it is... its like two putters then the computer usually loads... if it is the monitor... wouldnt that just not show the picture? But it will still load windows and that?

Heres a picture of my motherboard: http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/ecs/K7VZA.jpg
except my board is green, this is yellow. Otherwise everything is the same if this helps any...

Back
Top Bottom