9/11 And some interesting facts

Re: 9/11 And some interseting facts

What's probably more controvercial then the pentagon, twin towers, and the space race put together, is the Soviet Union's Kastputan Yar. If I'm spelling it correctly. That place is just so, mysterious, it's very very bizarre.

Here's the Wiki page about the Moon Landing supposedly being staged by NASA. It has really good information on that page. It includes claims and rebuttals along with a bunch of other things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_moon_landing_hoax_accusations

EDIT> Here is also the Wiki for the 9/11 Conspiracy Theory. Also very interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_Conspiracy_Theory

Wikipedia is and has always been a very trusty source of information, so this isn't some rumor mill this stuff is coming from.

why would you accuse some of our great presidents of bull like that, hell i bet you weren't even 10 years old when kennedy was president, nevertheless what it was like for many groups of people before that, in my opinion, whether he raqueteered votes or not, whether oswald shot him or not(or had a partner), i dont care, i just know that kennedy was a great president, who really did a lot for the good of this country.

Who are you even talking to? I never accused him of anything. I know he was a great president. People were talking about the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax Theory and I showed the Wiki about it which contained claims and rebuttals. If you weren't talking to me, use the goddamn 'Quote' button. It's there for a reason. :rolleyes:

sk8ngame said:
why would you accuse some of our great presidents of bull like that, hell i bet you weren't even 10 years old when kennedy was president, nevertheless what it was like for many groups of people before that, in my opinion, whether he raqueteered votes or not, whether oswald shot him or not(or had a partner), i dont care, i just know that kennedy was a great president, who really did a lot for the good of this country.
wasn't even ten years old...
no actually I wasn't even born!!!

however that doesn't stop me having a look at the history books...

Anyway, as I said,

to get to power, (according to history books).
Keneddy used mob ties to get votes from poor areas, mob bosses played along because they thought that they'd get a sweeter deal from laws that could be passed, (the opposite happened though, but none the less this doesn't deter from the fact that mob ties were used to get votes).

Keneddy was tied through his brothers involvement in the rat pack, which contained frank sinatra, Who had the original mob ties.

at the time of his death keneddy also had several extra marital affairs.

and he could quite possibly have been involved in possibly faking a moon landing. -though this isn't proovable!

As a said google it and youd find out! I mean you obviously have no intentions of believing me, so take a look at the history books for yourself. research sinatras lift story, research keneddys life story.

great president? maybe, but still about as bent as a nine bob note.

I'm not accusing one of your great presidents of some bull... i'm telling the truth. if you weren't busy being so 'patriotic' / 'ignorant' / 'blind to the truth' then you could find out for yourself.

I found the Google account of the bomber which damaged the Empire State building, take special note of how little the damage was, considering the speed of the aircraft, it seems that the lifts took the main brunt, 14 workers were killed, Itrimmed it down as it was too long, over 18,000 characters, but have retained the salient points, the deleted section, was completely un-related to the incident.

The building is still standing today, & doing great business with tours of the building etc.

March 1996

Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith, Jr., a decorated veteran of 100 combat missions, was piloting the bomber from his home in Bedford, Massachusetts to Newark, New Jersey to pick up his commanding officer, before returning to home base in South Dakota. The flight plan called for Smith to land at LaGuardia Airport. A dense fog over the city led the air traffic controller to direct that a landing be made. Smith, however, apparently believing he could maneuver safely through the fog, asked and received permission to fly on to Newark.

Smith's final blunder came when he passed the Chrysler Building. Had he kicked the left rudder, he would have been safe; instead, he went right rudder and directly on a path to the Empire State Building. At 200 miles per hour.

Luckily, the accident occurred on a weekend, with only about 1,500 people in the building -- compared with the 10,000-15,000 on an average weekday. Still, 14 died in the accident workers were killed.

Extensive Damage Reported

Damage to the building and the surrounding area was extensive. An 18-by-20 foot hole was gouged by the B-25, and one of the plane's engines plowed through the building, emerging on the 33rd Street side and crashing through the roof of a neighboring building. Upon impact, windows shattered, and glass fell to the street. When the bomber hit, its fuel tanks exploded, sending flames racing across the 79th floor in all directions. According to Althea S. Lethbridge, a secretary for a trading company on the 72nd floor, 'Everything shook. (At the window), we saw flames below and above us. It was scary; we didn't know how fireproof the building was.'

Lethbridge and those not severely injured had to walk 70 flights down the darkened stairwell.

Unbeknownst to rescuers, when the hoist and governor cables of one of the elevators had been severed, ropes to other cars had been weakened. Nevertheless, the elevators had to be used to transport those severely injured, including Betty Lou Oliver. As the plane hit, Oliver, an elevator operator, was blown out of her post on the 80th floor and badly burned. After receiving first aid, she was put in another car to go down to an ambulance. As the elevator doors closed, rescue workers heard what sounded like a gunshot but what was, in fact, the snapping of elevator cables weakened by the crash. The car with Oliver inside, now at the 75th floor, plunged to the sub-basement, a fall of over 1,000 feet. Rescuers had to cut a hole in the car to get to the badly injured elevator operator.

Despite a harrowing experience, Oliver survived, due in large part to the elevator safety devices which served their function, though perhaps not as envisioned. The elevator car safety could not set because the governor cable had been severed by the plane's impact. Therefore, other factors contributed to slowing the elevator and 'cushioning' its fall. As the elevator fell, the compensating cables, hanging from beneath the car, piled up in the pit and acted as a coiled spring, slowing the elevator. Also, the hatchway was of a 'high-pressure' design, with minimum clearance around the car. In such a small space, the air was compressed under the falling elevator. With such a tight fit of the car in the hatchway, the trapped air created an air cushion in the lower portion of the shaft -- thereby further slowing the elevator car and allowing its occupant to survive.

Though this accident can certainly be noted as a tragedy, some comfort can be found; the loss of life was certainly not as great as it could have been. Had it occurred on a weekday, the accident would have claimed many more casualties. If the plane had been a fully armed B-25 bomber instead of a trainer, the destruction and devastation could have been catastrophic. In addition, had the elevator been installed improperly or had its safety devices been of poor quality -- even though they may not have worked exactly as envisioned, they still performed their duty by saving a human life -- Ms. Oliver could not have fallen 1,000 feet in an elevator and lived to tell about it.

In the March 1957 Reader's Digest, an article was published concerning the 'Nightmare on the 79th floor of the Empire State Building.' Following the Reader's Digest report, a letter was written by an Otis Elevator Company supervisor who was in charge of the elevator repair. The writer, who wished to remain anonymous, presented a detailed and colorful explanation of the damage and extensive repair effort. Following is a synopsis of the elevator supervisor's report.

Elevators Damaged

I was superintendent for Otis Elevator Company and in charge of installing the 69 elevators when the Empire State Building was erected in 1930-31. When the steel was up to the main floor, I got in with my men -- the first week in May 1930. On May 1, 1931, the building with the elevators was completed, a remarkable undertaking in so short a time. On that day, we had lunch on the 86th floor. The party included James Walker, then New York City mayor; Franklin D. Roosevelt, then governor of the state; and my good friend Al Smith, ex-governor and president of the Empire State Corporation.

While the building was under construction, I always had a car running, so I could take Governor Smith and his party to the top. Architects and construction men from all over the world visited the building while it was under construction.

In September, at the peak, 3,500 men worked on the construction, and temporary elevators had to take them up and down. They never walked much -- six stories, at the most, to the top of the steel.

When the army bomber struck the building, I was called in to take charge of repairing the damage and get all 11 elevators running up to the 80th floor -- ten Bank 'G', one freight and #2 tower car, from 79th to 86th floor.

One plane motor went right through the bottom of the car equipment, hitting one of our guide rails (3-1/2 x 5"), doubling it in a 'V' shape. The motor then went through the building, tore a hole 20 feet wide, took the windows and wall down with it (78 floors) and landed in a building across the 33rd Street side. The plane was moving upward when it struck. (The pilot must have seen the building.) Walls between the three columns were torn 40 feet wide, the plane taking bricks and windows from the 78th and 79th floors with it, as well as one 10" I-beam -- eight feet inside the building -- supporting the 79th floor; the 20 foot long beam had a 30" bow. The plane penetrated the #6 and #7 car hatch walls, cutting the cable on the #6 car that was on its way down. Our selector in the motor room indicated the cables were cut when the car was at about the 38th floor.

The World Trade Center and Oklahoma City bombings, as well as earthquakes and fires which have occurred in and around high-rise structures over the last 50 years, have presented severe challenges to our industry's field personnel and repair mechanics.

Designed and Maintained by SITETRENDS integrated
©2006 Empire State Building Company LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Ive just purchased the DVD...Amazing. I want to show everyone

Your opinions on post 166 guys please, I d/loaded it so that comparisons can be made with the destruction of the twin towers

root said:
wasn't even ten years old...
no actually I wasn't even born!!!

however that doesn't stop me having a look at the history books...

Anyway, as I said,

to get to power, (according to history books).
Keneddy used mob ties to get votes from poor areas, mob bosses played along because they thought that they'd get a sweeter deal from laws that could be passed, (the opposite happened though, but none the less this doesn't deter from the fact that mob ties were used to get votes).

Keneddy was tied through his brothers involvement in the rat pack, which contained frank sinatra, Who had the original mob ties.

at the time of his death keneddy also had several extra marital affairs.

and he could quite possibly have been involved in possibly faking a moon landing. -though this isn't proovable!

As a said google it and youd find out! I mean you obviously have no intentions of believing me, so take a look at the history books for yourself. research sinatras lift story, research keneddys life story.

great president? maybe, but still about as bent as a nine bob note.

I'm not accusing one of your great presidents of some bull... i'm telling the truth. if you weren't busy being so 'patriotic' / 'ignorant' / 'blind to the truth' then you could find out for yourself.

Wikipedia is your best friend. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sinatra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F_Kennedy

Back
Top Bottom