Remove from Device Manger

Peco

Beta member
I just installed a Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 on PC in the PCI slot, before that I have VIA Tech built in on the motherboard that I used. Well the Nvidia is up and running great but I can seam to remove the VIA Tech Vt8361/VT8601 Graphics controller from the Device MAnager. I tried to uninstall it from the Device manager page but every time I restart the computer it reinstalls itself. Is there anyway to completely remove this so it won't reinstall everytime? Thanks

I don't think so since it's integrated. Are you saying, everytime you reboot, it goes back to using the VIA Tech?

Are you saying, everytime you reboot, it goes back to using the VIA Tech?
No in the device manager it shows the Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 but below that it shows VIA Tech Vt8361/VT8601 Graphics controller w/yellow dot and a ! point(!). I can unistall the VIA Tech Vt8361/VT8601 Graphics controller and every things fine, then I reboot and the Graphics controller is back. There is no problem with my computer if it's there or not it just bothers me every time I go in the Device manager I see it in there, like I said with (!) next to it.

Don't think it can be removed, since it's integrated. Since your FX 5500 is being used from startup, don't worry about it

Back
Top Bottom