PC Running idle @ 80%+ CPU Usage, Very Very Slow! No Virus etc, What's Going On???

Re: PC Running idle @ 80%+ CPU Usage, Very Very Slow! No Virus etc, What's Going On???

Will do, cheers Bädgêr™...Thanks for the help again!

I'll report back when i get a reply.

Re: PC Running idle @ 80%+ CPU Usage, Very Very Slow! No Virus etc, What's Going On???

On a note to the suggestion that the PC is running too many processes. The CPU still runs at 90%+ in Safe Mode, with barely any proccesses...Soo?

Are you in a position to reformat, may be time for one.

...No luck; great!

Anyway, conclusively it looks like a format is in order...Which sucks.

Just a few things still. The Laptop seems to be running a great deal of VAIO stuff...Just wondered, if my Dad used his windows disk rather than a VAIO recovery disk, will all the stuff work like the touch pad, volume control, brightness control..Etc etc?

Secondly, does it damage a hard drive to format it multiple times...Does it degrade it or anything?

...And lastly, thanks so much for all your help. Even if it wasn't resolved i've learnt some and we tried our best, so cheers!

I just noticed, in your processes tab, your system idle process is 94 percent. Which means only 6% of your CPU is being used. What's up with that, that's pretty normal.

Lots of precess can be closed IMO, and also, look for the CPU usage. See which one drinks the most, beside System Idle process

Ah... just remembered something. Try this. Go to Run.. type in msconfig. Uncheck the extraneous processes. It should stop extra crap from loading during boot up and maybe help with your problem.

Back
Top Bottom