Motherboard or power supply? Please help

Hereticno18

Beta member
Well heres the story.
im fixing my friends computer and he got a Asus x series k8v - x se motherboard,to replace his old one and a new AMD sepron processor. Well he also got a new power supply made to work on Intels and Amds. Basically he is changing everything in the system. Even added a 250g harddrive for a primary and he is keeping his 40 as a storage. now here is the prob. When i plug in the power supply to the motherboard nothing happens, but when i wiggle it on a certain angle the auxilary fans goes and the processor fan goes but not the power supply fan. So then i used a power supply testers and the power supply fan starting going and so did the auxilary fan and the processor fan was not running. Now my question is why is not the power supply fan not going and what could it be, the motherboard or some wires in the power supply?

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Well the easy way to test this would be to use another power supply to test the motherboard with.

If another power supply works then something is wrong with the current power supply and it needs to be replaced.

Also can you please post the specs of teh power supply?

I think it's the power supply myself

Back
Top Bottom