by my mom's request...

huh? this logs all ur conversations, and chats and the peoples pros, and ur sign on and off times...but anyone can look at it. and why charchris are u on my cpu fan? (slowly open my case with a wrench in my hand)

i would not do this. it is an invasion of privacy. that is probably one of the reasons why aim was invented. so other did not need to know what you are talking about. also, if the kid found out his mother was watching everything he did on aim, do you know how mad he wuld get? if my mom started recording all the stuff i did on the computer, i would f**king flip out.

Personally if I have kids, I will not allow them to use the computer unsupervised, and that would be up to the age of 16, either that or I will have the most stringent child protection programs in place, with only limited sites available.

I would really have to be convinced to allow use of messengers, even so I would still vet who they were talking to. Until I can be assured that the internet is taking more precautions to protect the safety of children, which ULTIMATELY is the parents responsibility, there is no way I would let my kids roam free on it. They wouldn't have a computer in their bedroom, but then I wouldn't allow a TV in their room.

Thats my personal opinion, and yes its probably going to outrage some of those people that its breaking the child's rights of freedom and privacy, but they are my responsibility, while they live in my house then my word goes. I will talk through my reasons with my child, but my rules would stand.

Loving your child and protecting your child is not a breach of privacy or a breach of their rights, not in today's world where children are allowed to roam free with little or no authority or control.

GlasseyeUK said:
Personally if I have kids, I will not allow them to use the computer unsupervised, and that would be up to the age of 16, either that or I will have the most stringent child protection programs in place, with only limited sites available.

I would really have to be convinced to allow use of messengers, even so I would still vet who they were talking to. Until I can be assured that the internet is taking more precautions to protect the safety of children, which ULTIMATELY is the parents responsibility, there is no way I would let my kids roam free on it. They wouldn't have a computer in their bedroom, but then I wouldn't allow a TV in their room.

Thats my personal opinion, and yes its probably going to outrage some of those people that its breaking the child's rights of freedom and privacy, but they are my responsibility, while they live in my house then my word goes. I will talk through my reasons with my child, but my rules would stand.

Loving your child and protecting your child is not a breach of privacy or a breach of their rights, not in today's world where children are allowed to roam free with little or no authority or control.

do you realize that that kid would get made fun of for having such a protective parent? wouldnt you care about his social life?

cileskot said:
do you realize that that kid would get made fun of for having such a protective parent? wouldnt you care about his social life?

Where have I said that my kid wouldn't have a social life? I haven't!!

Having been in the situation where I have been living with someone with 3 kids, and they followed the rules and thanked me for them, as it set boundaries for them, and they knew not to push when they was told no.

They also had a great social life, but they knew their priorities, I do not need to justify myself, as I assume from your posts, you are under 16 I know that your not likely to understand this, I know I certainly didn't when I was that age.

My parents were strict but allowed me my freedom, and part of that included me rebelling against that, but I look back now that the rules that they laid down were because they cared for me.

I would rather my kid be made fun of his social life than be cool in his social life for doing drugs.

Flipper said:
I would rather my kid be made fun of his social life than be cool in his social life for doing drugs.
or being kidnapped and molested...

GlasseyeUK said:
not in today's world where children are allowed to roam free with little or no authority or control.

okay, you live in the UK, and i dunno how old you are, so maybe you havent heard but...
what the hell are you talking about, i know that my dad when he was my age (14) was jumping trains to ride around all day, and once ended up 2 states away. he'd just roam around the city of chicago, ride subways, buses, and noone was worried

today, children are so sheltered, that they dont even know whats best for them, parents wont let ther children watch TV anymore because they think that the sexual implications/jokes and profanities are corrupting ther kids, whether you like it or not, there is nothing, and i mean nothing you can do to shelter them from sex (omg!) and swearing(OMG!)
okay, lets say you dont allow them to watch TV, or go on the computer, well other kids do, so they teach ur kid about it, you'd be surprised wat kids learn at school besides math...

alright well that ends my seminar on parenting... :D

and have feelings man, i can see no internet, but no computer?! and no TV?!? thats just wrong...

Back
Top Bottom