Computer Prob

cvfd1615

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have an Opteron 148 OC'ed to 2.8 Ghz.... It is Prime95 stable for over 6 hours.

But lately it is running sluggish.... I've looked at my processes and I have 38 of them and when I load Yahoo Messenger the CPU Load goes to 99 - 100% and just stays there...WTF? ... Then when I load Internet Explorer or whatever it will freeze up then automatically restart itself and it will boot fine until it gets to the WIN XP screen and right before it goes to the log in screen it will flash a quick blue screen and restart over and over.

When it finally reboots back it says - This system has recovered from a serious error!!!

Help appreciated.

Update - Today when I was loading Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and it froze and now I can't get the bitch to boot up it gets to the windows xp screen with the little bar showing that its loading but then restarts its self over and over each time....

HELP!!!!

How do I do that when I can't even get the computer to boot up now.

It just restarts its self - Over and over and over.

You'll need to reset the Cmos, usually the manual will show you where the pin jumpers are. I recently had this happen to me, due to OC'ing the Processor. If you know what your motherboard is, and the model # etc. Just stick it in here, and somebody can find the manual if you lost it. Then again you should be able to google it and find it. It's really simple to reset the cmos, and after you reset the cmos make sure you put the jumper back to it's original position. And make sure you let it sit in the reset mode for at least 5 seconds. Then reset it's position, then power on. But if your manual says to do otherwise, then do that.

Back
Top Bottom