watch this, you migth fall into cardiac arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt funnier is a word. Maybe it's excepted as a term but it'snot officially a word. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. My support for this is my English teacher, actually make that two english teachers, both with Master's Degree's and teaching for 20+ years. Last time we spoke on the word, "funnier" I'm pretty sure we came to the conclusion that it didn't exsist.

[EDIT] Dictionary.com uses anything accepted as common talk. Of course it will be in there, it's an accepted term. But it's not an official word in the English language.

And you believe that a single person's opinion has credibility over a dictionary that was written and edited by numerous people? Don't be so gullible...

Distortion88 said:
And you believe that a single person's opinion has credibility over a dictionary that was written and edited by numerous people? Don't be so gullible...

How is that gullible? Please, enlighten me on how that is POSSIBLY gullible.

uhh haha, how about immediately believing what a person tells you? Why not try doing some research (starting by looking at every dictionary in existence) and see that the rest of world doesn't agree with your teacher. Oh and SURPRISE! Teachers aren't the smartest people in the world! So think before you act and don't try to correct people when they are, in fact, correct.

Distortion88 said:
uhh haha, how about immediately believing what a person tells you? Why not try doing some research (starting by looking at every dictionary in existence) and see that the rest of world doesn't agree with your teacher. Oh and SURPRISE! Teachers aren't the smartest people in the world! So think before you act and don't try to correct people when they are, in fact, correct.

The person is kind of a teacher, you're kind of SUPPOSSED to believe what they tell you. But hey, I supposse if you want to be stupid and not listen to them, sure, go right ahead.

Think before I act? You really want to start an arguement don't you? Ok, be my guest. :)

[EDIT] Teachers aren't the smartest people in the world? Are fucking retarded? Teachers happen to be the people who know generally everythign about a specific or given subject. Gee I don't know, maybe we should all go up to our professors and say, "Hey! I can't be gullible! I can't listen to you because that's being gullible. Not to mention, you're stupid!" Ok pal, you go right ahead and do that. ;)

I can't help but get the impression that you are a very closed minded person who just accepts whatever people tell you given the idea that these people, or "informants" if you may, are seemingly qualified to know everything and anything that is "correct" in the world. Seriously just lay off, you've already got me irritated by your unasked for attempt to correct me when I was not at all incorrect with any the words I had spoken. There's nothing left to argue about so unless you want to start a new topic for argument then keep quiet.

Bädgêr™ said:

That is proving my point, yes.

Distortion88 said:
I can't help but get the impression that you are a very closed minded person who just accepts whatever people tell you given the idea that these people, or "informants" if you may, are seemingly qualified to know everything and anything that is "correct" in the world. Seriously just lay off, you've already got me irritated by your unasked for attempt to correct me when I was not at all incorrect with any the words I had spoken. There's nothing left to argue about so unless you want to start a new topic for argument then keep quiet.

I honestly don't give a shit what you think. I'm saying I was listenign to a teacher, how is that close-minded? So now we aren't suppossed to listen to the people who are teaching us? I think you're slightly retarded. First you say to listen to them is gullible, now it's close-minded. What's next? :rolleyes: Let me guess, next we shouldn't even attaend their class, because that would be "close-minded".

And how do you get "informants"? I said TEACHERS!!!! Do you not speak english? I never once said I randomdly got my information, I said I got it from TWO teachers, both who have degrees in their field of expertise. Oh now I'm just waiting for you to tell me that this is "gullible" or some other very idioti =c form of bullshit.

lol seriously, you should just stop. Now you're even putting words in my mouth that I did not not say and bitching me out over it. My point was, do listen to what they have to say because teachers do have knowledge, but they are also people just the same and people make mistakes in their judgement. It is human nature. All I am saying is think critically and don't always agree with what people tell you is true.

edit - I can't believe this has all started over me using the word funnier. I almost wish I had some foresight to see the implications of using such words before I type them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom