problems opening files on new pc

Jk

In Runtime
I just build a new computer but when i download stuff i get either corrupt files or a file that wont open. Ive found out if i download some files without my nvidia firewall then they work but others still dont work. I dont think the file is really corrupt because when i download it on my brothers hp it works. Can you guys tell me why these files dont work or what i can do to make them work?

what sort of file types in particular aren't working for you or is it any kind?

Well... Their not working for a reason. How old are you? You problem dont have Admin acess on the computer, because parents/boss/school blocked you from doing it.

They are all installation files (.exe) I am 14 but I set up my internet connection and there is nothing that i know of that would block access to download.

Well, a reformat would work. More likely you dont have admin access to your computer, and that is stopping you.

Yeah do you or do you not have administration rights on your computer? An executable file is going to install a program and the admin can block that.

How can I change my admin rights, the only way i know to log on as admin is on safe mode. So do i have to log on in safe mode and change them or what? I gave my name admin rights but it is not my admin name, can i use that to change my admin settings? What would i have to change if the admin name was blocking my exe files? Im not sure if this has anything to do with it but my hard drive is really old, could it be writing the files corruptly even though they are being recived as they are supposed to be?

ya when you boot up in safe mode, you're booting up as an admin and thus,can change passwords, change account settings, which you want to do.

Back
Top Bottom