Read this in paper!!

joxley1990

Golden Master
Well, I was just reading the newspaper now, and Microsoft are making versions of XP, 2000, ME, office, etc etc, and sharing it on all the P2P programs known.

These versions of operating systems, and programs will contain a code that will contact microsoft when the product is installed - so M/S would then track you and fine you! Seriosley!

I think this is an ace idea, it wont be long until people find the code and hit that delete button...

Man, they make so much money god they need to lay offf...I have a legal version no need to worry..Thanks for the info wont be d/l anything like that any more :)

Well, the names of the files will be like professional if you get me...

not like...ms office 2000...it'd b like Microsoft Office 2000 professional, we'll see if anyone gets caught though!

Yeah...this is crazy...I mean if I were them I would prevent piracy...but he's worth so much goddamn money..he should just give it up. I have legal XP....Office...I don't care for..I use Open Office...and frontpage? I use dreamweaver...alternatives people...:) Linux.

edit - can I have a link to this article?

Flipper said:
Yeah...this is crazy...I mean if I were them I would prevent piracy...but he's worth so much goddamn money..he should just give it up. I have legal XP....Office...I don't care for..I use Open Office...and frontpage? I use dreamweaver...alternatives people...:) Linux.

edit - can I have a link to this article?

It was in the newspaper

lhuser said:
That's why you install OFFLINE!

Yeah the software would work on computers that were offline 24/7 - but if its done on a computer that is on the internet at some point, you would get clocked.

oh, offline...common sence that i didn't even think of. but not that i would download windows off of p2p, i've got a legal version. that's a pretty smart idea though, but i really don't understand what the big freakin deal is with the pirated OS's. microsoft has really buckled down lately with this.

lhuser said:
That's why you install OFFLINE!

Yes...and then if you have ZoneAlarm...later on you can go online...and when it wants to send the info to MS ZA will ask if you want to deny or allow connection for that program...just say deny :).

Flipper said:
Yes...and then if you have ZoneAlarm...later on you can go online...and when it wants to send the info to MS ZA will ask if you want to deny or allow connection for that program...just say deny :).

Any you think M/S havent thought of that, alot of the newer products require you to register online before you can use the product...

Back
Top Bottom