AMD Dethrowned. Intel Steps up.

ownage said:
keep in mind that vista is delayed until early 2007.

OMFG, delayed again?!?! Man, I had my hopes of them coming out later this year. WHat the crap is Microsoft doing? Haha, maybe they're trying to integrate WinFS finally. That would be worth the wait.

TRDCorolla said:
OMFG, delayed again?!?! Man, I had my hopes of them coming out later this year. WHat the crap is Microsoft doing? Haha, maybe they're trying to integrate WinFS finally. That would be worth the wait.
we've got a thread on it u should check out, it's a pretty big discussion. almost turning into a mac VS microsoft thing... eather way it's only going 2 be about a month worth delay so it doesn't bother me much. and i really doubt winfs will be in vista on the launch because of a month :p but hey we could always hope right? maybe they tricked us into thinking they wern't and they shall suprise us hehe :D

alvino said:
So? This is the first time AMD is venturing into DDR2, so inital versions of AM2 are BOUND to have bugs and issues. Intel on the other hand has completely over come those issues and is running perfectly fine with DDR2 because they've gone through that transition.

Actually, we do not know what kind of bugs Intel will have with their next line of processors. Keep in mind that they are basing the "Conroe" off of an old design... An old Laptop processor design. So....

Quinton McLeod said:

Actually, we do not know what kind of bugs Intel will have with their next line of processors. Keep in mind that they are basing the "Conroe" off of an old design... An old Laptop processor design. So....
where did you get this information?

Quinton McLeod said:

The Pentium M is one of Intel's best processor designs ever. It's probably what keeps Intel up, since a lot of their sales are from the mobile market too. Either way, I was talking about AM2 and DDR2, not the processor designs.

alvino said:
The Pentium M is one of Intel's best processor designs ever. It's probably what keeps Intel up, since a lot of their sales are from the mobile market too. Either way, I was talking about AM2 and DDR2, not the processor designs.

That doesn't mean that the Conroe will be free of bugs.

However, we will see shortly. In the meantime, you have 5 months left :p

Im pretty sure AM2 will be full of bugs too. Especially because they are moving onto DDR2 and it is new to AMD. AM2 motherboards will be very buggy at first, but after a couple months, the kinks will come loose.

Back
Top Bottom