what would cause this problem?

brent

Beta member
when my computer starts up it makes a loud noise and when windows stars its kind of slows down. then when im playing a game it gets choppy for no reason. my mouse just skips around the screen. i know its not my video card or ram cause i got a 124mb video card (nvidia) and 1.5gb of ram. the noise started when i installed the ram could this be because i need another power supply? and how do you know if your computer is over heating cause i have noticed that if i put my fan blowing into my computer it runs a little smoother. can someone help?

Where is this loud noise coming from? See if you can isolate the sound. Put your ear by the power supply to see if it's coming from there. Same goes with the hard drive. Perhaps your CD_ROM is making that noise?

I would download a software than can monitor temps:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

it could be the cd_rom but it only started making that noise after i put in the ram. is there something special you have to do when you put in ram? cause all i did was put it in an turn in on. and now im having those problems. would a power supply be needed cause i added all that stuff to my computer one of my friends said that was probably the problem i just wanted another opinion before i went and bought one? and how do u know what kind of power supply you need? i found one that was 550 watts is this a good one?

it shouldnt be the ram that stuff is plug and play.......but to be sure you can take it out and see.. what you can do as well it to take out everything added and run one thing at a time and see if you can pin point exactly whats your problem

yea that was my next sugestion......

gaming freak prolly got the answer to the problem brent

Back
Top Bottom