HD Maxtor recognition problem

chainz

Beta member
Guys i have a maxtor external (you know one of those IDEs they put into a special case) and everything was fine its connected by a USB 2.0 cable and everything was fine. But then i wanted to reformat my computer so i did and i install all drivers etc and so i plug the HD in and turn it on and the little thing in the bottom right hand corner bar appears. But when i go to MY COMPUTER theres nothing there...I thought it was a problem with the computer so i took my thumb drive plugged it in but it did appear in MY COMPUTER.

So why doesnt my external appear in MY COMPUTER anymore like it used to?

please guys any help cuz ive got important stuff on it

Thanks!

Try going into Disk Management and assign a letter there. It should pick up the allocated space because you are able to boot into and do other things within Windows.

the problem is that it doesnt even show up there but when i turn it on it says that my hardware is ready to use.

ive already formatted and asigned a letter before, this is my external i didnt format this one i formatted my internal....i thing the problem might be when i look at it in the SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE screen it says its at 'location 0'?

Back
Top Bottom