New Intel EE 965!

Half Evil

Golden Master
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/22/pentium_extreme_edition_965/

The CPU does beat its AMD rival by offering a more sophisticated overclocking capability; The clock speed limit can be reached without requiring higher core voltage. Or in other words: Raising the core voltage did not result in better overclocking results. Consequently, you can enable the energy saving C1E feature when overclocking the device up to a speed of 4.26 GHz, although few users will ever take advantage of this „feature".

Then says..

Nevertheless, Pentium Extreme Edition 965 is still a very fast processor, and it comes even closer to catching up to AMD devices

But even when the Intel CPU is overclocked at 4.26 GHz, the dualcore Athlon 64 FX processors still offer better results for most applications. Sure, the new Extreme Edition CPU is competitive, but it does not outperform the Athlon 64 FX-60, even at 3.73 GHz.

So I guess it took two AMD's to beat this one EE? I dunno, didnt read it all. But its news, so I thought id share :)

The Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 965 is the last Intel processor based on the NetBurst architecture. After that, Intel is going all out with Core. I would suggest waiting for Core. You'll find that it'll be even better than the antiquated NetBurst.

Lol, yeah. Looking forward to that! Looking forward to the cash for that first though :D

Me too. I mean, I am an AMD fan but this conroe CPU is probably the first intel processor that has me real interested in anything from intel. Maybe it will be my new choice for gaming but we'll see once it's released.

Nice news, Have been looking into Intel CPU's lately. They really seem to be catching up, maybe in the future when I get some cash so I can build an entire new system. Not even looking forward to DDR2 RAM, even if it's for AM2.

Back
Top Bottom