SLI Motherboard, is it worth it?

here is what sli slots look like

13136165019ap.jpg

sure, if you're got the extra cash to upgrade to an SLI board go right ahead. If you like ASUS motherboards you might want to look at the A8N32-SLI. Very fast, and very good quality 32X PCIe SLI motherboard.

oh yeah for sure, just make sure it is socket 939 and an ATX motherboard. Since you are using an already common motherboard it not difficult to find a replacement that will fit.

isnt ATX motherboards water cooled motherboards??

sorry i am still learning all about motherboards lol

arnt ATX motherboards water cooled motherboards

Sorry i am still learning about SLI and motherboards and such. lol

Sorry posted twice

No it is just simply the 'form factor' of the motherboard. It relates to the position of the power connectors and the general layout of all the components on the mobo.

well probably would be noticeable but there is no problem with going with a cheaper one. I use the ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe(not the 32 version) and it works great. It uses a 16X bandwith for the PCIe which means it is a little slower than the whats available with the newest SLI technology but it gets the job done good enough for me. Other boards to look at are ones by DFI, i know they are pretty good too. Just look around and if you want some opinions about a motherboard you are looking at just post here and ask about it.

Back
Top Bottom