Transferring entire Windows from on HD to another

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
I just bought a new 120GB WD HD to replace a WD 40GB drive that is starting to make noise which is a sign of it going bad. I want to tranfer everything from the 40 to the new 120 so that way I won't have to reinstall everything fresh on the new drive. How would I do this? Would I use the CD that comes with the HD to transfer everything and how would performance be if this is done? Would the performance be the same or would it drop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Don't have Norton Ghost and have no time to buy it so what how can I use the Windows tools and stuff I have to do it?

Well, i still talk to Pinky4life after he got a ban for no reason, but he says that you should get western digital data lifeguard and that will do it...

Dev0115 said:
Well, i still talk to Pinky4life after he got a ban for no reason,
lol nice, but i dont think copying the c: drive would work, you could also do something that i dont think is proper to speak about in these terms... uhh yeah pm me :)

You know that one guys how makes fun of CF all the time, well he got an attitude with me while i was helping him and he kept saying no one here knows anything, so i told him off and i guess they said PInky said something over the lines " shut up you shit head if you dont like it leave" he was simply defending the forum..

Norotn Ghost sucks beacause I downloaded it installed it, it was a 15 day trial and the next day it expired lol wtf

Back
Top Bottom