cmos problem

boodroe

Solid State Member
I went in and changed the frequency of my cpu in the bios by pressing f2, i reset the bios back to default settings. I started up my computer didnt like the settings i had changed and now i try to get back into bios and i wont let me. I press f2 at the bootup like always and now it wont let me back into the bios. Any ideas or solutions? Thanks.

One solution would be to take the BIOS battery out of the motherboard for a few minutes and put it back in. Let me know if this solution works.

I reset the cmos jumper and i am still having the same problem. It wont still wont let me back into CMOS.

so u switched the jumper over to the reset position then back? if that didnt work then just take out the battery

ok thanks, i got it to work, i took off the jumper but never switched it to reset, but now i have another problem. I switch my fsb too 166 and the multiplyer to 11 like the specs say for my cpu and now my computer will not turn on, well, it will turn on but there is no beep and it just sits there at a black screen. I reset the cmos jumper again but the black screen still appears. I might have fried my cpu? Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom