Sweet tutorial on how to fix scratched CDs...

That's good and all, but when i buy a CD from the store..i make a backup and use the backup for playing in the devise.When it get's scratched i just make another backup.

That way the original always stays in exellent condition.i can't see the concept of spending good money on CD's and not protecting them somehow.

Thats a cool idea, I didn't think brasso would work!

~mr mixx~ said:
That's good and all, but when i buy a CD from the store..i make a backup and up the backup for playing in the devise.When i get's scratched i just make another backup.

That way the original always stays in exellent condition.i can't see the consept of spending ggod money on CD's and not protecting them somehow.

Thats good advice, I didn't that with my windows discs

The best technique is still boiling the disk for about 10 seconds. Melts the plastic layer together, but doesn't remove any of it. I've done this like 20 times and never fails. Just don't boil it for too long. And use a bent paper clip to hold the disk under the water sos you can remove it quickly.

Nah, best way is to use toothpaste.

And FYI those who don't know, that data on a CD is really on the top, not the bottom

haha I remember i was trying to destroy a cd so it wasnt readable, I tried everything and it just wouldnt be destroyed, i bent it, burned over with a match, lavered it in soap and other liquids, scratched it and nothing worked! in the end I just purposely corrupt the data during file transfer XD

Didnt think brasso would fix the scratches :)

i could see doing this with game cds or some movies, but for the cost and trouble, I'd just buy another one.

Back
Top Bottom