Western Digital HD 200GB SATA Squeaks...

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

This ONLY happens when I've left my computer off for an extended period of time.

When I turn on my computer after its been off for a while, it works fine but then it gets to loading Windows XP and it starts to make a really high pitched squeaking sound and it doesnt start Windows.

I usually have to turn off the computer, try again, turn off one more time and then it works fine (it ONLY squeaks on startup, its never happened before when Im just using the PC.)

I don't really want to spend the $$ to replace it b/c it works fine once it actually loads... But why is it doing this??

Weird, this is like the 5th person to report this. Mine does it too, but it boots windows fine. I think its a faulty dirve nothing you can really do to it.Might have to buy a new one. mine has been making the noise for a while but hasnt failed yet..

Well do you hear the noise? And no its only been West Dig Hd that seem to be doing this..

that would worry me quite a bit, i suggest getting a new seagate hard drive since theyre not that expensive nowadays

Well, I'd sugest to return it if it's under garanty. Also, squeaking HDD...as like, a small squeak or like a Kolosal like squeak?

Back
Top Bottom