Plugging in Wireless USB Adapter Restarts Computer?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

Currently I have a wireless PCI Netgear MA311 Card installed on my Windows XP Pro computer (2GB RAM, AMD 3000+). It connects to our MR314 router which is two rooms away from mine. It works OK, but I want to use our extra USB adapter (Netgear MA111) instead.

So I turned off the computer, took out the MA311 card, turned back on the PC, plugged in the USB adapter, and it went "Found New Hardware", so i pressed ok and it went away. I put in the CD for the MA111 "Drivers and Utility" thing and pressed install.

When it finished, I restarted my computer and it turned back on and this time it said "Found New Hardware" so I clicked it again and it said "Found new hardware for Netgear MA111. Install automatically or manually from CD." So because I already installed the CD, I tried automatically and it came up with a bunch of different selections that all looked the same so I just chose one and pressed ok. It was like halfway through installing when the computer just turned off and restarted.

It did this every time I tried to turn it back on and install the new hardware! And it still isn't giving me a connection!

Whats going on??? Could my MA311 drivers be messing up the MA111 drivers?

Thanks

That's a possibility, i'd uninstall the MA311 drivers before trying the MA111 drivers. Are the drivers for the MA111 the most recent and up to date????

Back
Top Bottom