how to change the drive letter

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
I have a SATA raid on my computer and i want to change my hd's drive letter 2 c, for some reason it was automadicly set as the E drive for some reason... it's the only hd in my computer so how do i change it 2 c when it is the drive windows is running off of? :confused:

right click "my computer" and go down to "manage". then on the left click on where it says "disk management". then right click your E: drive and go down to "change drive letter and paths" and you should be able to change it. just be aware that this might mess up some of your programs that have a path that points to the e: drive.

yea tommy boy i already tired that, it says it couldn't do it. my friend said u could but he forgot how T T so i ask CF :) any1 kno?

thats odd that it didnt start out as C: the only other thing i can think of is RRR which is too extreme unless youve just started using the system today and dont really have any thing on it

RRR? eather way i've had the system ^ for over a week now...

EDIT: could it have been my printer that made it say E:? it's got a card reader and maybe sence i had 2 upload the drivers 2 windows it found the card reader first and named it c? that is the drive letter of the card reader now..

Back
Top Bottom