some advice on what card and brand 2 get

yea kage sounds good, u've convinced me i and i think my next card will b nvidia, it does have less pipelines, but 12 is good and it's overclockable. i think that have shader model 3 will be nice and that the specs on the nvidia arn't bad at all so thats my choice, my ATi friends might call be traidor but hell i like getting what i think is best for me. i can barly overclock the ATi card i have now :p it's a all in wonder X600 pro and right now it's overclocked 2 455/635 or somethin like that... eather way if i overclock it more it gets these weird video glitches or sparks so yea, i want something that can overclock a bit.

EDIT: also the fan on the 6800GS is much quieter i'm sure, and special thanks 2 u kage for helpin me on my desision, although i might not be able 2 buy it until may....i need 2 sell my ATi All-IN-WONDER X600 pro, so if u know anybody who might be interested let me know :)

Yeah, thats kewl, and thanks :) Just look on the web okay? Just to check for manufacturers that might offer slightly better overclocking if thats what your looking for, than others.
XFX (sometimes comes pre-overclocked)/BFG (overclock cards already past factory when you get it, and you can force more out of them), eVGA, Sapphire (sometimes okay), so theres a definiete choice, but mostly, they are all the same.

You'll just find, one manufacturer will use a different PCB colour, or a different fan that may run cooler, or be louder, etc than the reference Nvidia one, so just little things like that are good to look out for.

I have a ATI 9800PRO 128MB, and I've just ordered a AGP BFG 6800GS for myself :)

Don't be a fan boy anyway. Just go for whats best at the time. You can show your mates the scores, etc.
Its definietly the best mid range card out and Nvidia tend to offer more than ATI for the same price range.

EDIT:

I'll tell you how I find the card, since I'm getting it tomorrow :p
Haha, I put all my details in, and accidently pressed Order, and the order went through....hehe. oh well, it'll be a good upgrade.

yea that would be cool, do u know anywhere on the web that will buy used video cards? i just don't know where i am going 2 sell it and no 1 responded to my post in the trade/sell section :(

Try Ebay if your on it. Its pretty simple to sell stuff on there.
I'm going to try to sell my Geforce 2 MX 400 on my really old computer, but it has no box...or anything really, haha.

I have no idea what it'd go for. It isn't a bad card by any means, so yeah, go for it.

Maybe check for what they sell for on the net, and go lower.

yea that sounds good, i just gotta get enough money 2 where i sell the card i will have enough 2 buy the new 1, i am hoping for over 85 but we'll c, it's just not ment for hardcore gaming, but it's decent 2 :)

edit: it was 140 on newegg but people are selling it for 135 and ^ so i'd probably try and sell mine for 120 or so :)

Back
Top Bottom