by my mom's request...

How old are we on this forum? invasion of privacy? Do teenagers really get rights in America that are under 18? Ha. I think not. Here's my take on it: for all you people that think it's an invasion of privacy, actually, no. I'm assuming the parents bought the computer. Therefore, they own the computer. Therefore, they can do whatever they want. If they want to monitor their kid's conversations, so be it. If you bought that computer, the parents still have a responsibility over you and make sure you stay out of trouble. They'll have to pay for whatever crap you do before you're eighteen. How old am I? Almost 17. I've been there. And let me tell you guys: you might feel like it's wrong right now, but, haha, wait, just wait till you get older. Most of the time, your parents know what is really thet best for you. Seriously, you might think you know a lot, and trust me, I did. Now I know. They know what's best for you, unless you're some abused child. Sorry if you are. As for software, finding free keyloggers is pretty much hard to find, although I'll search for you and post later. Nosy parents are ones who love you. They care about you. They want to know what's going on. A parent that doesn't love you will just let you run around, doing whatever you want. Trust me. I know sooo many adults who had that freedom when they were children and, now, regret everything that they did. I'm not saying a parent should be in your face 24/7, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have freedom, nor am I saying that all parents who let you have freedom don't love you, but, I am saying that there are some things that a parent does because they care about you.

btw: I'm not trying to be racist here, but I am asian, korean to be exact. I come from an incredibly strict family. You'd think that from all that strictness I would hate it... just wait until you're 16 and you're making $45 an hour. Just wait until people notice how you act, and how you get treated better yourself. Just wait until one of your friends gets so drunk, he falls asleep, vomits in his bed, and dies because he drowned in his own vomit. Wait until you can safely say that you'll never do that... life is so much easier that way. Of course, I love to be free. Don't get me wrong. I like to be on the computer when I want to, but to know that, at this age, when I can discern the right hour that I should turn the computer off. I love to go out with people, I love to play sports, and I love to live, to breathe, and to help people out. These things my parents taught, something no one else could've done. And for that I'm thankful. And yes, I know there are some who have parents that are horrible. Life is hard. I know. I lost faced death of a loved one in my family when I was 5. Then 12 again. Life is tough. If your parents are horrible, there are always other people out there that are willing to help you in your journey through life... find them.

Haha, that's true. Which is why I save up my own money to buy everything. My computer, my monitor, my router, my speakers, my blank CD-R and DVD-Rs...everything is bought with my own money. Why? Because if they threaten to take it away, I can still bargain since I bought it with MY money so it's MY stuff.

Seriously guys, your parents are just doing what they think is right and they love you. They're not trying to get you for some crime or something. You should be nice to your parents, because once you turn 18, they can legally kick you out of the house and force you to make your own living (although that's pretty messed up).

EDIT> Asian Pride! :D Chinese to the MAX! :p Yeah, I know what you mean. You get good grades, you get nothing. You get bad grades, you get hell. Heck, I'm already lucky that my parents aren't those who don't accept anything lower than a A-/B+.

Seconded indeed... yeah, same. With that $45 an hour paycheck, I'm saving up for amd's m2 mobo, the fastest cpu out in june (my bday too), nothing less than 512mb of vram, nothing less than 2gb of ram, liquid cooling (phase change if ocz makes that $300 unit a reality), the silverstone case of that time, and another 17" screen... indeed... I'm saving...

Tell her to piss off and to let him lve his lige how he wants to, why should he see what he is saying to people?

Nik00117 said:
Frankly spying on him will do no good. It will make him mad and upset and most likely he'll crack it and remove it then with a big simle look at you and slap you. What i'd do. The nature of IM is such that if parents knew what wetn on most kids would get in trouble. I mean its pure and simple, most kids would get in trouble. So just tell her you don't know how to do it. Also if she has a problem with that, you can direct her to me. I hate nosy parents like that.
he is not that smart, ill tell him it is a program that is making his computer run faster, and he will believe me...
second, stop attacking ME...im just doing what my mom is asking me to do...
third... he is 10! my mom isnt looking for little things like "he said, she said" she is making sure he is not talking about smoking and random strangers, arent talking to him, or other really bad stuff... not like talking about girlfriends or whatever...

Hackslayer said:
your mom is sending you to boarding school that sucks
nah! haha lol! i want to go! i have a bunch of friends there and they say it is fun... she like personally does not want me going, but she knows that i will get a better education than im getting now...

rusbo.uk said:
Tell her to piss off and to let him lve his lige how he wants to, why should he see what he is saying to people?
EXCELLENT GRAMMAR! I HAD TO READ IT 4 TIMES BEFORE I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE SAYING! i will not tell my own mother to "piss off" she has every right to monitor her childs conversations, to protect him from strangers, and getting in serious trouble...

Why are so many people concerned about my parents, parenting of my 10 year old brother? If you knew more about him, then you could pass judgement... But you dont, you dont know anything he has done in the past, good or bad. you are just waiting to tell someone what they are doing wrong. WHY CANT SOMEONE JUST HELP ME FIND THE SOFTWARE, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO TELL ME WHAT ME OR MY MOTHER IS DOING WRONG?

Back
Top Bottom