IDF Spring 2006: Definetly Interesting.

I was browsing Tom's Hardware liek I do everyday, and noticed this little article. I find it very interesting because it gives us another look into the Conroe, which as of late has been a hottly debated subject in the Processors Section, it also gives us another look at other Intel processors that are coming out here within the next year to year-and-a half. Somethign I really took interest in was the Montecito. Look at the size of this thing! It's got to have at least 8 cores in that thing!

gelsinger_cpus2.jpg

But, let's get on with the article. So, without further adue, here it is. I definetly suggest that you read all of it. It's worth every page. :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/13/idf_spring_2006/index.html

The ones I'm interested is: Conroe, Yonah, Merom, Woodcrest and Sossaman.

Fun Fact of the Day: The codenames of Pentium M processors are all locations in Israel, the location of the Pentium M Design Team.

Fact of the Day: The NetBurst Architecture is outdated. Welcome the Core Microarchitecture. :D

hahahaha, Core is doing very actually. People have to admit, it is performing a lot better than netburst.

Core is awesome. NetBurst is a dying breed, even if SpeedStep Technology does boost it a bit, it's NOTHING compared to Core.

Back
Top Bottom