by my mom's request...

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
well im going to boarding school next year, and right now while im home she wants me to help my younger brother and guide him in the right direction... like a lot of moms... well she wants me to find something that is free that monitors my brothers AIM conversations... but there is a catch... my brother cant know that he is being watched...

this is not a pointless post... my mom wanted me to find a AIM LOGGER and when i googled it, alot of them you have to pay for... so im asking people if they know of one...

umm, that's a really really bad idea, your brother is going to get into allll sorts of trouble. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, i'm just saying that because of the nature of people and what conversations will happen, stuff is bound to go awry.

If you mom wants to, then it's for a reason. Although we're all young and adolescent, we think it's invasion of privacy and all, but it's really your parents just caring for you.

I don't know of any, but AIM Triton has a built-in feature that saves all your previous conversations until you sign off.

recon 16 said:
well im going to boarding school next year, and right now while im home she wants me to help my younger brother and guide him in the right direction... like a lot of moms... well she wants me to find something that is free that monitors my brothers AIM conversations... but there is a catch... my brother cant know that he is being watched...

this is not a pointless post... my mom wanted me to find a AIM LOGGER and when i googled it, alot of them you have to pay for... so im asking people if they know of one...

I don't know of one, except for Net Nanny but that isn't free.

Anyways, tell your mom she is crazy and is invading his privacy. Alvino, I know she wants his little bro in the right direction and cares, but I don't think saving AIM conversations is going to help, AT ALL. We all know the conversations that errupt in AIM and messengers. They can be good, bad, and.... others... lol :D

True, but you have to think about what your parents are thinking. Either way, it's always like this. They try to do anything to protect you, even by invading your privacy, and you get pissed off because of it. In the end, you have to understand that they'll get over it and eventually let go. That happened to me. Once I got into high school, my parents were so much lenient towards what I did and when I did things.

Get trillian Instant Messenger. It automatically saves every conversation for later use. You mother will be able to look at his account by having him sign in, then she can just look at his stuff. It's a very simple method, plus, it allows you to see when messages were sent, who they were sent to and from, if you ever sent a song, picture or some other type of file.

Frankly spying on him will do no good. It will make him mad and upset and most likely he'll crack it and remove it then with a big simle look at you and slap you. What i'd do. The nature of IM is such that if parents knew what wetn on most kids would get in trouble. I mean its pure and simple, most kids would get in trouble. So just tell her you don't know how to do it. Also if she has a problem with that, you can direct her to me. I hate nosy parents like that.

good thing i have compleat control of my computer but im also 18 so it doesnt really matter

Back
Top Bottom