w007 im reinstalling windows

It depends on what you want the 'best' to be. If you want security and reliability, get a Linux or UNIX based operating system. If you want the ability to play games, which is just about the only thing Windows is actually used for, then get Windows.

Although you can use application such as Wine to play games via Linux. Windows won't be the only platform to run games here in the near future. With the Open-Source community really discovering alternatives, it's really only a matter of time.

Also, here's a picture to further more show you how crappy Windows is, credit is due to whoever posted this in the 24/7 tech support thread. :D

bsod-owned.jpg

I had that problem recently. I just reinstalled Windows...since of timebomb Spyware...all by SpyFalcon. Well, all from scratch again :(

But this time, Instead of using Mozilla and Mozilla mail, I use Netscape and Eudora for Browsing and e-mails. The rest is a squared, spybot and Ad-Aware. There is nothing really changed.

so if I install linux I can keep windows and they won't conflict? right can I take any precautions to make sure they don't conflict??

Hackslayer said:
so if I install linux I can keep windows and they won't conflict? right can I take any precautions to make sure they don't conflict??
You need to have seperate partitions, or shrink your current windows partition to make room for linux ones. Google "Linux and Windows" or something like that, and you should find some more in-depth information.

JustinMcG67 said:
Well, Windows is so corrupt in itself it's ridiculous! You remember our conversation over AIM earlier? How many times did Windows lock up on me? I think we counted a total of 10 to 15 times. And I for one DO NOT have a machine that locks up due to lack of power. My CPU is insanely fast, I got RAM, and when loading an OS, quite frankly that's all you need. So, the source of the lockups must come within the code itself. Which, go figure, is due to Bill's crappy programming team.

I find it funny how people who get paid millions of dollars to make Windows do such a horrible job, yet the people who get their money for making Linux is donated, because it's Open-Source, get virtually no money. Now, why is it that programmers who design crap from their home can do such a better job then the peopel who get to sit in nice comfy chairs and drive Lexus's around do such a crappy job? **golf clap to Bill** :D

My Windows hardly ever locks up... I'm not saying Linux is bad either. I would love to try it. All I'm saying is, maybe it's AIM that locked up, not WIndows itself.

Back
Top Bottom