Quick quesion for all the Amd fanboys!

i had a p3.... loved that thing so much. used to play starsiege: tribes on it all day. i just think the p4 sucks, but the pM rocks the socks.

I had an Intel Pentium 4 2.0ghz computer before and now that I have an AMD I dont think ill ever go back because AMD start boot up faster, encodes and burn dvd/music much faster than any Intel I used including P4 with HT clocked 3.6 and Pentium D is much slower than AMD dual core as I have tested before going with AMD.

TRDCorolla said:
Why I love AMD? CPU + RAM integration = more speed. Mmmm...I like to see Intel do the same thing, then we'll see the competition heat up.

With the release of Conroe and AM2 in the coming year, we will really start to see some competiton. Even with Intel using a northbridge memory controller. For now, Intel might be trailing, but they arent far behind. AM2 isnt looking very appealing either. And the ondie memory controller isnt always that great either. Right now, they want to move to DDR2, they have to redesign the memory controller to support it. And thus remake cpus to support the memory controller. If the memory controller was on the northbridge, you just need to change out the motherboard (assuming everything else doesnt change). Sure there is more latency, but its still keeping up right?

I have no major issues with Intel. I'll try them out if they are proven to be better than AMD. THat is why I'll be looking forward to see their new benchmarks when they come out.

benchmarks and experience by users. I always read up on reviews to see if a product is good or not. That's how I get most of my parts.

Oh. So, if the Conroe does beat the Amd, your going to upgrade mobo, processor, ram? That type of thing?

yes, im going to build a completely new system. :D But im going to keep my monitor, speakers and case.

Back
Top Bottom