Dual Core vs. Speed

I dont know more ram doesnt mean integrated will own other cards, yeah it might have more memory to use but what about pixel pipe lines, core mhz ect..That all plays a part in how good your gaming will be. If i were you get a normal video card maybe the 6800gs trust me, dont get integrated..

dell wont give me a choice.. plus i can just upgrade when i absolutetly need it.. i can play doom 3 on high 1024 res with 50fps consistantly right now, so i think i'm ok for now...

i went to newegg and everyone like you said, thinks the dual core owns.. so maybe that could help me with dod.. i aslo am running off internet with two xboxs that are playing halo 2 online. so that might lag my frame rate lol. is 17 vs 19 a big difference at all?

Well to me yes, you just have to go into the store and take a loook all depends on you. Make sure before you buy it that it comes with a pci-e16x slot or agp 8x if it doesnt then you wont be able to upgrade in the future when you need a good gpu..

wow i'm begining to think it over... my 3.0 processor has been running at 2.782 ghz.. what if i get my dual core and its at 2.582 ghz? i dont know how to overclock, it even says in Si Sandra that my processor can run up to 4.0 ghz... i wish there was a program for lazy morons that cant overclock there cpu..

Firts off youre getting a Dell the bos is locked so you cant OC anyhow unless you know how to flash teh bios which really isnt worth doing too risky. Your 3.0 might be runningg at 2...because you might have it on that save power or something it saves energy and down clocks your pc when you dont need that much power. And no ur dual core will be 2.8ghz dont worry about that one..

lol i'm such an idiot... so i need a flash bios heh? i got a P3 700mhz, 384 ram old computer that i just use for internet and word processing, overclock that one easily...

but i didnt know dual cores were so cheap.. i used to think dell used cheap weak parts, but that blows my mind, you can get a dual core machine for $700...wow

im telling you...get your parts off newegg, and build it yourself. It will be very satisfying, and would look and perform much better then dell will put out. Im talking for the same price that is.

if you are happy to explain to me how to build a computer.. then i'll build one..see thats why i'm buying from dell, i'm not sure on motherboard technology, installing of any kind or what power supply i would need, you see i would save alot more time and energy and frustration going with dell, but i am very interested in computers and i probably would build one... i just dont have the instructions and you guys have helped me enough..

I would be more than happy with helping you...And im sure people on these boards wouldnt mind as well...The point of this forum is to help people in need. If you need help building your computer, then we will help you.

Back
Top Bottom