Dual Core vs. Speed

=xXFoRsAkEnXx=

Baseband Member
i can get either a 2.80ghz Dual core.. or a HT 3.4ghz

if i get the dual core i get $110 to spend on ram or sumthin, but 3.4 is tempting

the computer i am buying (yes i have one but the one i'm using i sold to my brother)

Dell E510
3.4 HT P4 (unless you can convince me)
2 GB (4x512) RAM
250 GB
Single Drive (Not worth getting two.. or not?)
17 inch LCD
ATi 256 Integrated (yes i know, slower frame rate, but i aint a rich lol)
Everthing else (mouse, other things)

total price $1349.. but dell has a $400 coupon for systems over $1200
$949.. is it worth it?

28 dual core! clock speed doesn't come into play on a single core when you're comparing it to a dual core! dual core, DEFINITELY. it will last you soooooo much longer, you'll be so much happier with it.

Yeah dual core is the nex gen, youll be mad when you get a 3.4ht because soon single core is going to be something of the past...Def get dual core it will last and wont get outdated easilly

but seriously 2.80 ghz? kinda slow there... what is DVI? is it worth $50 (i have to pay 50 bucks more for a ultrasharp DVI monitor)

so uh with 110 extra cash i could get 3 gb of ram.. but that seems alittle radical..

its still dual core, and will be way better than the single 3.+

If you want a better anwser. Go to newegg. and look at all the reviews, and compare them. the 3800 dual core, has almost 5 eggs for every reveiw. So it cant be that slow if everyone who owns it loves it.

Dual core is basically like having 2 2.8ghz..Trust us single core is not the way to go, all the stuff being made is all going dual and quad...

ok you conviced me lol..

ok now i'm getting an expensive monitor, with that extra cash...

if you guys understand this tell me if its good and does it affect my framerate?...
is 19 in lcd, Has 8ms Response and has a digital DVI connnector..

Back
Top Bottom