something is broken

mr.monger

BSOD
ok, i just got a new mobo, and ever since, when i go on the net, something seems to be wrong. it will connect to the website and display it and stuff, but it wont completely load. like at the bottom it will say: read (website) or some other crap like that. and it was pulling some weird stuff earlier like on cs when it wouldnt update and i had to wait like an hour, but all the rest of everything was working, though still all weird. and now, when im trying to listen to some funk on winamp radio, it will play for a sec and then say buffering 0%. its still loading as im typing this. i think its the stupid nforce crap. my old mobo sucked, but it never pulled this kind of stuff. earlier, i did a lil net test for speed an the such, and it said my connection was being used by something or other. i think something fishy is going on here but i dont know what.... someone help i wanna listen to my funk!

PS: i forgot to say, but when i tried to connect to my router, it was all messed up and wouldnt load completely.

yes... otherwise how would i be sitting here talking to people... i installed the newest ones too, off of nvidias website because the ones on the cd were broken. also, all my games work fine. there is a lot of pakcet loss in cs though.

I'd be looking for a ping to see if there is something wrong with it. Also, check cables, wiring. If you want to, put in a different network card to see. If it works well, make sure you have well configured it...meaning not enabling the Gigabit...if it's even on >_<

everything is fine there is not packet loos when i ping things. it seems to be working now sort of. everything loads properly and ive been streaming my funk for like 50mins with no interruptions. hmm that was really weird. i also installed zonealarm, so that may be worth something. i dunno, this is bothering me. i hope i dont have a bad mobo i dont wanna have to do all that over again...

Trust me, if your mobo was defective, the LAN wouldn't even work. You're safe there :)

that still doesnt fix it... it broke again... i got a bsod and it just shut off. prolly because i was running the ram on too low timings and it got unstable. now im all sad because the funk is broken.

funk music. o btw i fixed it by putting in an nic all the way from 1999. stupid nvidia cant compete with 7 year old parts.

Back
Top Bottom