Put a end to rumors?

Yeah, I always knew older cards would be compatable, but cards that are of now and don't contain the extra set of instructions, won't be able to perform with all the visuals on, unlike cards that will.

Theres bound to be budget cards, or some type of driver that may get around this as well though.

But yeah, Microsoft will use a different graphics driver instruction, or something along those lines for the full effect use. Some kind of new Visual Interface.

ohh, i see ehh now i fell like i made this thread for no reason delete it if you want...:(

No its okay. Some people don't know.

But, I don't know how well cards of that spec will be able to run it. Its possible, since theres Viesta drivers on for example the ATI site for ATI cards, that this new interface can somehow be emulated, but cards will always perform better when the feature is internally built in into the hardware.

Just like how my Radeon 9800PRO 128mb cannot internally read Shader Model 3 instructions, they can be emulated. For example HDR is a Shader Model 3 based effect, and Half Life 2 : Lost Coast runs on mine, albeit slowly, with HDR fully enabled in the drivers.

and can you change back to xp with out a format as i have a new pc and dont want to loose all my stuff and all the recovery stuff i got

No,unless you have another HD or a partition you would have to reformat your computer, if you want the beta im sure they have it at the microsft website..

You cant get it on the Microsoft website - think hard enough where you can get a copy. Im not telling you though.

Back
Top Bottom