illegal downloads...

well i would only worry about updating the programs and registering. nothing more can really happen in the actual programs to get you caught

Yeah, you can't auto update anymore with pirated software, so until the coputer decides to download critical updates, hes basically stuck. Thats one thing.

But no, while using it, you can't realy be caught unless of course you phone up asking for help and stupidly give your details, though of course if you knew it was a cracked version, you wouldn't do that.

I think in the future, software companies will somehow make it impossible to counterfeit softweare in any shape or form.

Theres already an act that might come into play not allowing you to use any 3rd party software, and at first, it may be a "do you want to do this or not".

What that will do is not allow hackers etc to put trogans/virsues, and cracks on your comp, simply because the program won't be licenced as being safe, so you can use it. This would count for any 3rd party publisher out there not licenced in this new scheme.

It'd be one sure way of making sure software companies and that cannot get there software copied anyway.

Frankly if he knows what he is doing the chances of him getting caught are slim. VERY VERY SLIM. His fine would most likely be a ocuple thousand and a slap on the wirst unless he does it a lot. One company I don't mess with is windows. Windows SUES AND THEY SUE A LOT. But then again if he is smart and knows tghe right poeple, chances are he'll never get caught. Also kage, I don't forseen a time where software won't be crackable.

setishock said:
Well now the genuine advantage program where you download MS software will not let him. It checks the hash numbers to see if the hash is legit.

Then again it takes like 30 seconds to get past the WGA program.
It's really really easy to get XP pro for free, u just have to know what u are doing.
And he won't get cought unless u (or somebody else) tell microsoft about him.

READ the name and this is a form of hacking you need to tell your friend cool it ANd if he dosen't he will get caught

i agree that pirated programs will never go completely out of fasion. theres just too many good hackers out there. they said xp was meant to be hack proof but it has been cracked

All he has to do is install the program, and get a file that makes XP think that it has been registered. Not hard to do. I know a guy that did it.

I beleive you can get caught, I just believe if you know what your doing you can avoid getting caught, But if you don't then simply you just Higher your chanses of getting caught.

some hackers convert downloads like this ( say you download shareware that you just paid for some hackers as its streaming into your computer copy it I know this beccause I know an X hacker who did this )

Back
Top Bottom