hard drive space problem

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright so it says i am using 35 gb of my 50 gb hard drive. the folders on my c drive are- program files, my downloads, documents and settings, and windows. i right clicked on each of them and went to properties to see the size of each folder. program files= 10.3 gb, documents and settings= 5.58gb, my downloads= 1.5gb, windows= 1.52 gb. adding all those up, it only equals about 19 gb. but it says i am using 35 gb. how can this be?? and help would be appreciated.

Go to your Installed Programs listing and see what it shows, also note if anything is installed more than once. Where's your anti virus program. Also the size of Windows sounds small unless you using an early version of windows. Pull up "My Computer" and see what it says you have on the HD.

ya what is did was right click on all the folders in the c directory and click properties and saw the amount of space they were taking up and when i added all of them together it eqaled only 19 gb

and i dont think i have a partition- if i did, wouldn't there be an icon that looks like there is anotherhar drive in the my computer?

i find the way windows tells you how much space is left isnt always accurate. you proberly also have random junk on your pc and other stuff which hasnt come up. i wouldnt really be alarmed

Back
Top Bottom