Help!!!!

dmb51599

In Runtime
So I got my AMD 3700 today, the fina,l piece I needed for my build. I get everything hooked up and hit the power button only to hear long beeps, one after another. WTF! I call ASUS and they say its the memory, but the memory is compatible with the board! ASUS A8N5X with corsair value select memory. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is my board bad? CPU bad? RAM bad?? These are all brand new and have never been used before! THANKS!!!!

I might add that when I take all of the memory out of the board and just have the CPU in it still beeps. Many beeps one after another.

the guy at ASUS tole me that it could be a bad CPU cause the athlons have memory controllers right in the CPU. They really dont know WTF they are talking about though. I got a lot of differnt answers. I have been waiting 4 months to assemble this thing! I COULD KILL SOMEONE!! LOL Could it be a bad MOBO?

try making sure your heatsink is properly installed. my intel did something similar when the heatsink wasn't on enough and it was overheating

it is on correctly. The error beeps I am getting are for memory. But the sticks are brand new. I have tried switching them in and out and every which way. The guy at Asus either thinks its a faulty CPU or Mobo. Now I have to try to find time to take it to a repair shope to test it! This pisses me off!

dmb51599 said:
it is on correctly. The error beeps I am getting are for memory. But the sticks are brand new. I have tried switching them in and out and every which way. The guy at Asus either thinks its a faulty CPU or Mobo. Now I have to try to find time to take it to a repair shope to test it! This pisses me off!
well have u tried using a different stick of ram that you know works?

Back
Top Bottom