Worried question about this new computer pci-e slot?

uh....wtf is wrong with you guys saying im joining forums and wasting time and trying to show off my pc..why would i waste time to show it off when its nothing to show off about..and i stated what i have so that no one will ask for more details like what kind is it...what cpu and wat case type all that stuff. And NO! as i see it so far im not too happy with this confusion problem :(...

ownage said:
uhh, no, just as long as you have an extra opening for the dual slot cooler. If you look at the SLI connector on the top of your current video card, and match it with the top of the X850, it works. There is no such thing as a BTX or ATX video card. They are all manufactured the same. If there were different, it would be very costly and make the manufacturers loose money.
oh but on btx motherboard its on the opposite side so video card is facing up making it seems impossible to insert a x850xt because theres no other slot metal thing becuase the pci-e is at the very top and on top of that very closely together are onboard items such as usb,mouse,keyboard.firewire.

joxley1990 said:
OK...wierd! First off, did a google search on images for a Gateway GT5032 - nothing came up...

And...did a image search on google for btx...look what is a little way down the page...your picture!

You have copied it from that site because, if you right click on image, then go to Copy Image Location - its a french site! Wierd huh!

Oh yeah, and the god damned PC is a DELL Dimension 5000.

WE DO NOT LIKE LIERS, OR PEOPLE WHO MAKE STUPID POSTS ABOUT COMPUTERS THAT THEY DO NOT EVAN OWN.

Check here if you all dont believe me...

http://images.google.co.uk/images?c...-US:official_s&q=BTX&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images - three to the left, three down
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=G
OMG ARE U A DAMN IDIOT OR WHAT...gateway gt5032 are sold at bestbuy.com circuitcity.com and u must be an idiot if u cant google it right because there are lot of sites that talks about the gt5032 and i didnt say it was mine i said this is the layout of something similar to my btx case...so before you try to make me look bad wont you just shut up before you think you know what you are talking about.

I believe that he used a random picture of his PC model to give us a representation of what his motherboard and case look like. Don't be so quick to blame him...:rolleyes:

From the picture, the way that NVIDIA card is facing, you won't be able to fit the X850XT because the extra slot would make contact with the CPU heatsink and wouldn't fit. Your best bet is to just buy an ATX motherboard. Nothing over $70 though. You don't need new any new parts, your just simply upgrading the size of your motherboard. :)

sometimes stores do not list ALL of their inventory because the inventory varies store by store. Some ciruitcity stores may carry it, some may not. The only way is to check your local store.

That's correct.

It depends where you check. Some stores offer certain products, while others do not. It just depends.

But folks, stop the flamming and get back onto topic. Don't let a legit thread get locked because one person thinks he noticed something. No need to get all angry over a simple machine guys...

thanks alot justin it seem very reasonable even tho my pci-e slot is the top ending a notch higher then the sample pic...oh well its all good lol ill just buy single slot insert video cards which there are plenty of choices..thank goodness they didn't replace single slot cards with double slot insert only and have rather two option and i still see single slot cards way more common than double ones..thanks once again everyone and especially to Justin

Back
Top Bottom