need help changing the windows admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkbandit1

Baseband Member
hm, it seems as though i forgot the windows admin password :rolleyes: , along with all the user passwords :D . the computer im trying to get the passwords for was a gift from a freind, he had the computer in his garage for a pretty long time, and he didnt know what to do with it, so he gave it to me. It's a Dell workstation and it has windows xp on it. I have attempted "Emergency Boot CD", but have no clue what to do there. I was thinking about editing the windows registry but to risky and have no idea where to start :confused: . so any suggestion on changing teh windows passwords, boot, the comp doesnt have a floppy drive so i cant make a boot up disc from that, but it has a cdrom drive. any suggestions would be great, thanx.

Sorry... this would considered illegal... we can't discusss this here... take it somewhere else. Thanks for the understanding... you see, we can't trust you, really. You might be telling the truth, you might not. There's no way to tell. Sorry.

yep, sorry the story you've given us is not going to cut it. Whether or not you're telling the truth we aren't going to help you out.

If you are running XP, just boot up with f8 in safe mode and remove the passwords in the control panel.

pinkbandit1 said:
hm, it seems as though i forgot the windows admin password :rolleyes: , along with all the user passwords :D . the computer im trying to get the passwords for was a gift from a freind, he had the computer in his garage for a pretty long time, and he didnt know what to do with it, so he gave it to me. It's a Dell workstation and it has windows xp on it. I have attempted "Emergency Boot CD", but have no clue what to do there. I was thinking about editing the windows registry but to risky and have no idea where to start :confused: . so any suggestion on changing teh windows passwords, boot, the comp doesnt have a floppy drive so i cant make a boot up disc from that, but it has a cdrom drive. any suggestions would be great, thanx.
You've seen that the majority believe that you are just trying to bypass security, probably on a school computer, we get people trying this all the time, no deal, closing this thread, DON'T try it elsewhere on this site :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom