10,000 Rpm Hdd

i wish i knew how to install a hard drive.. f*ck i'm a moron... i want a 10,000 hd so bad but my hard drive is loud enough i wonder how loud a 10,000 or even a 15,000 hd is

first off, 10,000 minus 7,200 = 2,800. Not 3,800. Hehe, sorry that was pissing me off. In my opinion RAID is a much better option, but setting it up can be a little tricky if its your first time. You have to make sure you have the RAID drivers on cd so that when your instlalling windows it will ask you if you have any drivers to install previous to the whole windows setup, or something along the lines of that. To answer your original question, the only real difference your goign to see between a 10,000 rpm harddrive and a 7,200 is that the 7,200 in terms of gaming is that the games themselves will load quicker. Your not going to see a peformance increase in your games in terms of fps really.

joepic said:
waait, im a little confused. so 2 7200's would have more RPM than a 10,000 rpm? what if i used raid on two 10,000's? would it be 20,000? thats insane

This is where i dont know for sure, 2 7200's in raid 0 is a cheap solution but im not sure if it out performs a 10,000 raptor...And if raid 0 on raptors would be 20'000 rpm well i guess you can put it that way. Im not sure on all this but i gave you the overall scheme of how it works. Let the raid experts posts lol..dont want to give you false info..

=xXFoRsAkEnXx= said:
can i get the raid drivers without the windows cd?

reduce your sig man or will face the wrath of the mods!

and RAID drivers normally come with your motherboard not the windows cd

=xXFoRsAkEnXx= said:
can i get the raid drivers without the windows cd?

yes. you just need to install the raid drivers during the windos setup. i would assume that if the harddrive you bought supports RAID 0 then it would come with a CD containing the appropiate drivers, but if it doesnt you'd have to obtain them from a site like www.driverguide.com before formatting your computer

Yeah first check out if your mobo supports raid, if not then you have to get a raid controller

10,000 is VERY fast... but it should be set at a very low priority in terms of gaming performance..

all it can do is increase load times, much faster around the desktop and such. I might try RAID 0 when I get a job, but it will be low priority, i'd rather put that cash towards a better CPU or something.

Back
Top Bottom