10,000 Rpm Hdd

joe pic

Fully Optimized
So, I've heard these are " a lot faster" than the 7200's, but its only like 3800 RPM faster, and how much of a difference does that make? like in games? is it a whole lot faster? where would a 10,000 rpm hdd's speed come into play compared to a 7200?

dude trust me there worth it
my computer is insanly fast..i ran it with a ide
wasnt that great
the 7200's are shit compared to the 10000
no lie

i would highly recommen the wd raptor any size

_Niko said:
Thanks for the DETAIL
...uh..

but thanks pinky, anyone else have any input? yeah like what do you mean by " instantly fast?" lol how much would it improve game performance? like the sims 2, HL2, ,ect

Well a lot of people tell me it speeds up your boot up, but to me its not worth the cash. I would just get 2 7200'rpm harddrives and throw them into raid 0..

joepic said:
but its only like 3800 RPM faster

lol are you kidding? only?! Dude that is 3800 more revolutions per minute. That is it a lot. Trust me it does make a difference.

lol. .. ok, thanks. now how does raid work? ive heard about it, but dont know much about it. i've heard of "raid 0" and some other one, but what does all that mean?? what is raid really? ...thanks

Raid 0 is when you use 2 hard drives for max performance. You get two identical dirves and set them up in raid 0. Now what this does is all the information you are saving is striped half of it goes to one hard drive and the other half goes to the other hard drive. So when your computer goes to get the programs or water both hard drives are working at the ssame time giving theinfo so there for its way faster. Raid 1 is where you use 2 hard drives, and the second one is a identical one to the 1st. Everything you do to the 1st hd happens to the 2nd. Mainly for protection use only...Hope that helps

waait, im a little confused. so 2 7200's would have more RPM than a 10,000 rpm? what if i used raid on two 10,000's? would it be 20,000? thats insane

Back
Top Bottom