My new monitor!

Viewsonic's LCD monitors are pretty nice. I just don't like their Widescreen ones though...too thick and the bezel makes it look bulky. I don't own one, but I've seen the 20" Widescreen at Costco up close.

it happens with LCDs my moms LCD monitor had one right out of the box. on mine i only see it when the bacground is black my moms was on white backgrounds lol and the funny thing is its the same monitor kinda she had the 17inch 4x3 version i have the 19inch 16x9 version there is also a 19nch 4x3 version pretty nice monitor overall though. I was playing battlefront on it on a high res i forgot which one it looks wonderful i couldent get FEAR to play on it though for somereason it goes to my other monitor instead even though the LCD is the primary

kev said:
which one?

Ownage has the Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor. It's pretty nice, but I think it's about $400+, which is why I got the Sceptre X20G-NagaIII 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor for about $360-ish.

Ouch, I hate dead pixels. I know they say 1 oe 2 don't matter, but to me, they actually do.

As for that monitor, do any games have trouble running in a wide screen mode you've tried playing? So you get a stretched game? Or can you set these monitors to cut out sides so that it doesnt stretch?

I've recently bought a 17 inch 8ms response time LCD from AMW, and its great as well :D not as big as yours, and not wide screen but hehe... okay...yours wins :p

How do you get a rebate? :eek:

I have only played one game on it Battlefront 1 it looked awesome it filled the whole screen no streching. Most games support widescreen now. I couldent get FEAR to run on it though for some reason it shifts to my 17inch CRT to the right lol. But i played FEAR on a custmors 23inch widescreen Apple Cinima display (THOES ARE NICE MONITORS) The dead pixel isent a big deal it is very annoying but i will just swap it out at work.

I got the rebate because i work at CompUSA. The monitor was $285 with my discount then i had $69 store credit (i guess you could call it) then you add $14 for the 2 year exchange plan (you know incase of dead pixels haha) Then there is a $50 mail in rebate. For everyone else in the world the monitor is $350 (it has intergrated shity speakers to but i dont use them because my Logitech Z2300s are right behind it lol :))

I remember that Dell 20inch in the Gallery its nice as well. But do you have dual monitors lol

my 17" pixel had a stuck red pixel as soon as i got it (very red), sometimes clears up. only noticable on black backgrounds. think i have another one coming but aint that bad

dont worry about the dead pixels, you probly wont care about them in about a month. thats what i did about my laptop, it bothered me at first because i valued it so much, and then i didnt seem to care anymore, its not so bad. but i love viewsonic! !!!! and netflix!!! I LOVE netflix!

Back
Top Bottom