Omg

Yes they will. Whatever the slowest RAM stick is, is what all others become. Which is why if you purchase say 3 sticks of PC3200, but get one stick of PC2100, all of the RAM sticks get clocked down to the speeds of the PC2100. This is why you want all your RAM sticks to be the same PC factor. :)

MooseMan said:
rofl yea, it'll run at the slower ram's clock speed. and i got an issue that we could bring ^ in this thread since it deals with ram speed. i put in a stick of ddr400 (pc3200) in my computer and the clock speed is running at 200MHz, i don't know how 2 change it and can't find anything in my bios to change it eather...

it's supposed to run at 200mhz, nothing to worry about.

im sick of people asking this question, someone needs to make a sticky about how ram should run at 200mhz since its ddr (dual data rate)

MooseMan said:
why would it run at 200 MHz? ddr 400 is suppost 2 run at 400 MHz and i can tell a decrease in performance :(

well the decrease in performance isn't because of the ram.
Even the name says it, ddr = double-data-rate. And 200 x 2 = 400, so the real clock speed is 200mhz but the effective clock speed is 400mhz.

gaming_freak said:
im sick of people asking this question, someone needs to make a sticky about how ram should run at 200mhz since its ddr (dual data rate)
SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!

gaming_freak said:
Woah sorry man jesus..

Back
Top Bottom