Speed

ok
614xh.jpg

See where it says 598 mhz? well some times it says 1.29 ghz even though im at 1.30ghz but right now it obviously says 598 mhz I dont know why though thats the thing, is my computer underclocked

Im not sure about this but does Intel have a version of AMD's Cool N' Queit? It could be that, if your processor isnt under load it will slow down to save energy and keep it cooler. Not sure if intels have this or not.
EDIT: I just noticed you are using a laptop so thats probably it.

so what you are saying is that since my computer isnt doing any thing major its speed decreases? but like if i was to start gaming it would increase? ok Thank you and sorry im such a noob

well cool n' quiet shouldn't decrease your speed that much if any at all, from what i've seen it just slows down your fan and gives less voltage at times, i may be wrong. also yes having a laptop windows will often underclock your processor to save power. so check ur power settings if u always want it running at full. also i have cool n' quiet on my intel. it slows down the fan speed and thats mostly it that i can see, it's an option on my asus motherboard. :)

Ok now it says 275mhz well i guess it because I havent been doing any thing on my computer except listen to music for the last like hour or so

Yeah i wouldent worry about it. If you are worried check the Bios My Graphics Card does the same thing

Back
Top Bottom