XP 64-bit

I've heard mixed stories. Some have told me that they had no real issues with drivers or compatibility - and if they did have a problem, it's nothing a simple patch/download didn't fix. Others have given horror stories about problems. I can't give a personal story - but for the most part, I would side with the guys who say there haven't been an incredible number of issues for various reasons. The 64-bit edition will run both kinds of software regardless - and if it's 64-bit capable, obviously you reap the benefits. For most cases however - many of us won't care or bother with 64-bit edition because, overall, it doesn't hold a great many benefits. It's something your average user won't go out of his way to get - seeing as how most of us only make use of 32-bit programs.

I thought that Intel was 32 and that all AMD processors were 64 bit hmm am I right or wrong? lol sorry guys and thank you

well there were the amd athlons which were 32bit and intel had their 32bit cpus then came amds 64 bit cpus and intel brought their 64 bit cpus after that, at least i think thats how it went

Back
Top Bottom