Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brookfield said:
OK, but 5 weeks & over 130 posts, I think it has exhausted many many viewpoints, I 'spect it won't be long before it runs out of steam.

5 weeks? Erm ... this thread was started 13th March.

To be fair, this thread has been good, and the only people who haven't liked it are the ones who have been against the topic since day one. Fair enough, but nothing or no-one is forcing you to look at or read this thread if you've got nothing to really contribute or you don't like the topic in discussion.

Both good arguments from both sides, with both having valid points from good members (particularly Root and xaguynameddavex).

okay, my opinions, havnt read the whole thread, but ill put in what i think...

drugs, no they shouldnt be legalised. and also IMO cigarettes should be regulated, like banning them in pubs. i dont smoke, and i dislike having to breathe in smoke. weed should not be legalised, it shouldnt have been downgraded, i disagree with that

i agree with the drinking age at 18, 21 is too old IMO, the majority of people drink by the time their 18 anyway, let alone 21... the drinking age is 18 over here, which i agree is a good age to legalise drinking..

Slayer said:
5 weeks? Erm ... this thread was started 13th March.

To be fair, this thread has been good, and the only people who haven't liked it are the ones who have been against the topic since day one. Fair enough, but nothing or no-one is forcing you to look at or read this thread if you've got nothing to really contribute or you don't like the topic in discussion.

Both good arguments from both sides, with both having valid points from good members (particularly Root and xaguynameddavex).
It has been good, I haven't been against it, I just thought that with 140 posts, we were talking about roughly the same things over & over again 6 days, [not 5 weeks, thought it was Feb 13th,...oops!] :(

and also IMO cigarettes should be regulated, like banning them in pubs. i dont smoke, and i dislike having to breathe in smoke.

Though I can see your point, and many of my non-smoking mates think the same, what you might be forgetting is that cigarettes, like it or not, are one the biggest incomes on Tax that the government have. Not only that, but do you not think that if a smoker can't smoke in a pub, he'll just buy a few cans from the local off-licence with some mates and stay at home? Less hassle, and costs less, really. Alot of pubs will suffer financially because of this and may even go into bankruptcy unless the pub has a legal beer garden, which suprisingly, not too many have.

weed should not be legalised, it shouldnt have been downgraded, i disagree with that

To be fair, I agree with the downgrading. It's still a criminal offence if you're caught with it, however Police forces tend to charge the users with large and possible dealing amounts on them, not so much the users with just a little for personal use. Again, I want to see more government research on it before it is 100% legalised or banned, because at the moment in all fairness, we don't really know that much about it.

i agree with the drinking age at 18, 21 is too old IMO, the majority of people drink by the time their 18 anyway, let alone 21... the drinking age is 18 over here, which i agree is a good age to legalise drinking..

Very well said; not only that, but it is legal in the UK to drink at the age of 16 at home or at a private party if the householder gives their consent. Which is great, it encourages kids to have their first time with alcohol to be in a safer environment instead of out on the streets where they'd most certainly be found and punished.

Your lungs have nicotine receptors, which collect the nicotine from cigarettes. However, your lungs do not have THC recpetors, therefor nothing is absorbed from marijuana.

Nicotine in tobacco increases the cancer-promoting effects of smoke, while the THC in marijuana reduces those effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom