Problem with Monitor/Vid Card

Since it was working previously and then errors started occuring, I can only think it to be the graphics card internally...

Yeah thats what I thought, is there any way to test it though without trying it n another computer?

Just to update on this problem. I went away for the weekend and turned th PC off at the wall socket. When I came back it started first go and fired up the Monitor. Not sure what that means, over the next two days I turned it off and on a few times and it all worked fine. I got one blue screen of death during this indicating a fault somewhere, I restrted and it was fine.

Today when I went to turn it on the monitor wouldn't work again. So I turned it off at the wall for a couple of hours and turned it back on and the monitor started. Does anyone know what this means and whether it indicates a fault somewhere in particular? I had assumed it was was vid card but it seems to work ok when the monitor is on.

Thanks

Yeah I guess they would be the first culprits. However I did reinstall the latest drivers and the power supply is brand new. A Thermaltake 430w. I might unistall the new drivers and reinstall I think.

Next time your monitor is working, go to the Device Manager and see if there are any yellow ! or ?. Your problem sounds like drivers. You have to uninstall them before you re-install.

Back
Top Bottom