Which way should the PSU fan face?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Ok, I just ordered a new PSU and it's got this fan on the top or on the bottom?!?

Here's the picts:

17-148-027-01.JPG

17-148-027-02.JPG

Now, should that fan be facing downwards or upwards within the PC case? If it faces up, there is a small clearance for venting. If it faces downwards, it will vent out towards the middle of the case which adds to the heat distribution of the case. Unless, that fan is sucking and not blowing.

What do you guys think and would do for placement?

Pretty sure it faces down...because most PSU's that have dual fans the one putting towards the inside of ur case sucks hot air and blows out the other fan.

THat would be good if it sucks the air out. I tried looking up that info everywhere online and just can't find any information regarding which way that fan blows. Either way, it's still a good power supply unit.

Yeah, I had that question too when ordering mine. What I did was in my mind line up the holes you screw it in with, looked upside down with the fan facing down but that's how it goes!

Oh, that kind of sucks. I was hoping for the opposite. I guess it's all right. I'm sure my system can handle the additional heat it pumps into the case.

Back
Top Bottom