Constant Reboot

punched

Solid State Member
Alright... I have an HP Pavilion zv6000, laptop. And well recently its been going slower at times and will reboot randomly.. I know there is a worm that causes this so i ran virus, spyware, the works.. Found a lot of junk removed it rebooted to normal and out of safe mode... Things seemed fine.. Then the comp started to get slow again and it rebooted... Im so frustrated with it cause i cant get any work done and when im in the middle of something it will just restart... When its on the login menu when i turn the comp on and before i log in, i left it in that screen and didnt log in, and it rebooted twice... Can anyone help.. My sister who is computer savy told me to hit up a forum so I am . I cant figure out the problem and its driving me nuts.. Am i going to have to format or something.. any help

Windows might be corrupted and is giving you problems. It has been said that a missing or damaged kernel32.dll file can cause similar problems that you are experiencing. To remedy the problem try reparing/recovering windows with your XP disc.

edit - This might help. I did a quick search for what I was talking about and found a page that gives instructions how fix the problem. This is just something to try, there's no guarantee that it resolve your issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310396

That's always an option.

Most likely, what happened was that the worm was removed, but it replaced itself upon startup. I think you will have to identify the worm, and possibly search for manual removal methods on Google.

Oh i manual removed a worm, forgot to mention that.. I read an article located it deleted it.. I dont have an xp disk, my laptop didnt come with one.. My old comp always got corrupted but it was win98 and i could fix it in a heartbeat. Its so weird like i can tell when its going to reboot it will get dead slow and the xp will change to the old windows format and then go black and it will be in the Hp monitor view then starting it up... Ive been on for almost 30 minutes and it hasnt done it yet... But i dont want to ge tmy hopes up

Can you tell me exactly what the worm was called? And if worst comes to worst, you will have to reformat.

I guess you will have to borrow an XP disk from someone. You do have the product activation key right? Or you can contact your manufacturer for help for reformatting.

it was adaware... Nevermind.. And it just rebooted again... Ugh its so hard to run scans or look for things because everytime i do it always ends up rebootin on me... And i have over 30 gigs of work on here... It will take me forever to transfer it

Back
Top Bottom