how fast is adsl 'meant' to go?

i have 2mb. i can get over 300kb/s. have got over 500kb/s before but usual speed is around 200kb/s

Toby said:
It goes like this 256, (some places have 384, don't know why?) 512, (some have 768 also I think), 1500, etc. I think with most ISP's and places it goes up by 256kbps intervals though. Although Bigpond only offers 256, 512, and 1500.

Ah thanks thats it,

Yeah 256 is common tho, ive never head of 384 tho :| thats lil strange, same goes for the 768 :|

And yeah thats what i was meaning before Bigpond sucks, and the speeds arent that great :\ like pretty sucky, just as bad as there download/uploads aswell, well i think so from what ive seen/read/heard lol
So all over i think there not such a good ISP :S lol...my opionon tho!

lol.. Well yeah if you are lucky anof to have the unlimited then i spose but still, there other plans just suck..
And i mean come on, there Telstra lol..... :\
Doesnt that explain alot?

There money hungry, greedy company not just for the there phone service but the net aswell and god knows what else ..
But meh..

even if your with optus,since telstra ownes all the land lines and that stuff in Aus whenever tehy decide to jack up the price it directily affects every other ISP as well...

Back
Top Bottom