Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
really, i haven't posted once, but i think it's funny to read...
in my opinoin, i think that people are gonna smoke weed, whether they like it or not, second i think they should bring down the drinking age:
A. because like AmericanSensai said, if your old enough to fight for your country you should be able to have a beer, thats what they did during vietnam (i think... or one of those wars)
B. my cousins dad gave him a 24 pack of corona for his 17'th birthday, its become so much a part of our lives, why keep it at 21, when the government knows that businesses are selling alcohol to minors all the time... i just think its stupid to keep it at 21, 18 would be good, but 16 is ****** insane...

now gambling... thats another story, i think that should be 12

/me nods head with sk8ngame and agrees.

Also on the other note, let the threat die out naturally. Closing it does no good. I'll create a new one.

sk8ngame said:
A. because like AmericanSensai said, if your old enough to fight for your country you should be able to have a beer, thats what they did during vietnam (i think... or one of those wars)
why do people keep bringing this up?? Maybe they should raise the age that you can go to war then, but they definitly should not lower the drinking age. We would double the amount of DUI's in this country and double the amount of people that get killed by drunk drivers because at 18, kids are not sensible enough to stay out of their cars when they are drinking, IE.....NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH. It's that "It won't happen to me" attitude that kids have these days. "I'm just going to drive down the street to get a pack of smokes, what can happen?" My cousin got busted for underage drinking this way. She was at a party and some drunk kids decided to drive somewhere, the cops got on their tail, saw that they were driving like they were drunk, followed them back to the party and busted everyone, my cousin was 15.
Like I said before, just because everyone does it already doesn't make it right. Also, I feel that if kids start drinking at a younger age, we'll have a lot more alcoholics in this country.

sk8ngame said:
really, i haven't posted once, but i think it's funny to read...
in my opinoin, i think that people are gonna smoke weed, whether they like it or not, second i think they should bring down the drinking age:
B. my cousins dad gave him a 24 pack of corona for his 17'th birthday, its become so much a part of our lives, why keep it at 21, when the government knows that businesses are selling alcohol to minors all the time... i just think its stupid to keep it at 21, 18 would be good, but 16 is ******* insane, now gambling thats another story, i think that should be 12. ........................................................................................................EDITED;-watch your language.
Have you seen that I am asking if members want this thread closed as it seems that it is running out of ideas?, read it through, & post your opinion, yes or no, thanks.

xguynameddavex said:
EX: slavery, people probobly said the same thing about slaves, "Slavery cant be stopped, its already here" i dont see too many slaves around today do you?
Slavery still runs rife in many parts of the world.

see GAP using child (Slave labour)
see Child labour used by NIKE stiching footballs.

There I see two (supposably) civillised (American) companies using child labour (within my lifetime), child labour is a form of slavery.

Just as slayer said, it's here to stay and can't be stopped, the fact is that no matter how many people want to stop it, (site salvery and child labour as examples again), there will always be a few who have no intentions of stopping, whatever the penaltie might be!

The fact is that not every drink, and not every drug ruins every users lives.
you've had some friends of very weak mind that have fallen into a cycle of habbit, perhaps if you'd done more to support them instead of preaching to them then they wouldn't have gotten as bad.

People who use drungs, (like pot and alcohol) to hide problems, or to enhabce life, sometimes need help, not a cold shoulder.

Opinions on closnig the thread?

No, firstly,
Other than the people who appear to be against this thread staying open, no-one has said anything flame worthy.

No, flaming has taken place.

No rules have been breached.

there is simply no reason to close the therad.

As said earlier, let it die naturally, (this should be the case with all threads UNLESS a rule has been broken).

root said:
Opinions on closnig the thread?

No, firstly,
Other than the people who appear to be against this thread staying open, no-one has said anything flame worthy.

No, flaming has taken place.

No rules have been breached.

there is simply no reason to close the therad.

As said earlier, let it die naturally, (this should be the case with all threads UNLESS a rule has been broken).
OK, but 5 weeks & over 130 posts, I think it has exhausted many many viewpoints, I 'spect it won't be long before it runs out of steam.

No, its going to keep on, because, people are just restating what they think, many times over, with different words. But it all means the same.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom