Will everyone please take 30 seconds to help me..

Ok you spend 4 years in highschool. You work hard, you pass, you suck at taking tests but you know your stuff. You freak you fail you get to spend a extra year in highschool. The test is pointless set a national standard, and let the teachers teach. I know one teacher said shes getting tried of her job. Shes not teaching her subject shes teaching the test.

Nik00117 said:
Ok you spend 4 years in highschool. You work hard, you pass, you suck at taking tests but you know your stuff. You freak you fail you get to spend a extra year in highschool. The test is pointless set a national standard, and let the teachers teach. I know one teacher said shes getting tried of her job. Shes not teaching her subject shes teaching the test.
Setting a proper national standard is easier said than done - they have the curriculum but some teachers simply don't teach as well as others. Some don't teach well, some teach too soft. I know quite a few students who get assignments (In high school) that still involve colouring a piece of paper - what kind of assignment is that for a high school student?

The fact of the matter is - people are too lazy to put forth the costs that would provide a national standard. Instead we have people who are teachers, but don't want to be - and they aren't doing their job very well, amongst other inadequate individuals. The cost and restructuring involved in such a task would be too great - so a test is the easiest way, for educators, to provide a standard of knowledge that students must pass. Funding would need to be uniform for all schools - which is simply not the case. The costs are too great, and none seem willing to put forward that kind of funding or educational consideration, regardless of how much better it would be.

I know quite a few students who get assignments (In high school) that still involve colouring a piece of paper - what kind of assignment is that for a high school student?
Meet one of them...:(

Back
Top Bottom