Help me choose a good video card

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Well, we may even need to get new mobos. I mean maye its gonna be PCI EX ULTRA X20. You never know :p
lol. hopefully not. cuz i dunno if pcie is even being fully utilized atm.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I ment Average Male. My bad.. I was just making a general statement. Anyways.. The general/average male eye can only see up too 45. I mean hell.. Im at about 77. Because I can see the refresh on my moniter at 75.
lol. at first i thought you said that you're 77 yrs old and ur moniter is 75 yrs old. lol. but dang, my monitor must be whats hurting my eyes. it has a native resolution of 800 x 600. and it's only 60ghz. lol. i really need an upgrade. s

badninja3 said:
lol. hopefully not. cuz i dunno if pcie is even being fully utilized atm.

lol. at first i thought you said that you're 77 yrs old and ur moniter is 75 yrs old. lol. but dang, my monitor must be whats hurting my eyes. it has a native resolution of 800 x 600. and it's only 60ghz. lol. i really need an upgrade. s
Ouch yeah. Lots of people have serious trouble with low refresh rates that can give them headaches and worse - it's always interesting to look at a friend's monitor that has a different refresh rate. My friend would come over and his would look so blurry.

ya. so i definately need an upgrade. is 85 a good refresh rate(for the price) right now? or would 75 be a whole world of difference to me?

badninja3 said:
ya. so i definately need an upgrade. is 85 a good refresh rate(for the price) right now? or would 75 be a whole world of difference to me?
I use 75Hz for myself - I heard that upwards of 85Hz can actually be bad for a monitor, but monitors aren't exactly a specialty for me. I stay away from that high point anyway - but 75Hz seems to do me justice.

cool, thanks!

you know what i really hate? how electronics stores(circuit city, best buy) have all these cheap/inexpensive monitors, but i cant get them cuz they dont list the full specs, the important stuff. same with tv's. they dont list if they have dvi/hdmi connections.

One thing to consider is an LCD. Because its not a refresh rate. Its a milisecond latency. Much easier on the eyes. Although im not sure how you get FPS on an LCD, because nothing is refreshing.. As it is more of updating.

Back
Top Bottom